I am a fully qualified and accredited psychotherapist in private practice, with a deep interest and clinical experience of working with pre- and perinatal psychology and post-natal depression: I have completed over 350 hours of CPD related to pre- and perinatal psychology and am due to start a PhD in this territory in September 2019. I am member of UKCP, BACP, BPsS and the Association For Prenatal And Perinatal Psychology And Health (APPPAH).
My clients, a roughly even mix of men and women from 18 to 70 years old, have always come from very diverse backgrounds and nationalities - from students to ex-military personnel, government officials to retail operatives; British, Russian, Bulgarian, Palestinian, Polish and more - who have a wide range of life issues - including depression, anger, stress, anxiety and other forms of trauma.
My first degree is in psychology, and I have a masters in mindfulness-based psychotherapy (through the Karuna Institute) and an occupational psychology masters from Birkbeck. Before training as a psychotherapist (starting in 2006), I spent more than 20 years in the corporate world, holding director-level positions and working internationally for a diverse range of industries. I still spend part of my working life as a management consultant.
I like to work with the principle of "joint enquiry" with my clients that attempts to go beyond symptoms and to bring engagement with living life to the full, through an integration of body, mind and spirit. My training in Core Process Psychotherapy has its roots both in a Buddhist understanding of human experience and the techniques and developments of Western psychology and includes aspects of psycho-dynamics, body psychotherapy, trans-personal psychotherapy and Buddhist psychology.
- BSc(Hons) Psychology
- MA in Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapeutic Practice
- Pre- and Perinatal Psychology Educator
- MSc Occupational Psychology
- Certificate in End-of-life Care
- Masters in Business Administration
- Professional Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Environment & Development
Up to 1 hour session to see if we are well suited to working together and to assess your requirements. The consultation can be in my consulting rooms in Drum Brae, Edinburgh or on Skype / Zoom
Typically a weekly, one hour session in my consulting rooms in Drum Brae, Edinburgh.
For Peppy clients, I am also offering weekly Skype sessions if it seems like a good fit for both parties. This would also typically be one hour sessions.
There is more information about my services on my website.
Skype / Zoom counselling
Typically a weekly, one hour session over Skype or Zoom for clients where it is suitable to do online session. We can see if this is a good fit at our initial appointment.
I have Skype for Business installed on my computers but have also used Zoom for supervision and other training.
- Psychotherapists, as a general rule, do not receive testimonials. However, one of my clients recently, and out of the blue, sent me this beautiful reflection on our work together, more than 3 years after we finished our psychotherapy work at Crossreach PND service: "Dear Keith, I don’t know if you often hear from former clients, but I thought it may be beneficial to reaffirm how life changing the work you do is. I suffered from terrible post-natal anxiety and many issues stemming from the destructive relationship I had with my mother. All of which you helped me resolve / find peace with. This help massively benefited my relationship with my daughter, along with my husband and I have since been able to build healthier friendships, and have the strength to lose the detrimental ones. Now my daughter is 3.5 years old and she has a little brother, who is 16 months old. After this maternity leave I started a new role as a senior designer at a big agency and do frequent client presentations. I do this part-time so I am able to spend time with the children too. Striking a healthy balance between being a mummy and still being me. Your help and support has been pivotal in my recovery and subsequent development, and I’m so very grateful that you enabled me to overcome so much and now I’m building the life I’d always wanted."