Hi My names Jasmine and I am a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I have been working with families and babies for over 8 years. I work independently as a Lactation consultant supporting families in their own home who have breastfeeding challenges in and around Leigh on Sea, Essex. I also work as a neonatal intensive care nurse in the NHS. I have always had an interest in infant feeding and I feel passionately that all families should have the opportunity to breastfeed.
I am registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council and a membership with LGCB with a fully certified insurance with Holistic Insurance. In order to keep my knowledge up to date and offer the best evidence based care, I attend a variety of annual conferences including ‘Lactation Consultants of Great Britain’ and ‘UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative conference’. I collaborate with Happy parents Happy Baby who provide informed evidenced base antenatal classes in London and Essex. where I meet expectant parents and educate surrounding infant feeding and breastfeeding.
I aim to provide you with unbiased evidenced based information to help you to make an informed choice about how to feed your baby. As a NICU nurse, I've learned that success looks different for every family. As an IBCLC, I am here to explore all options and provide support from common breastfeeding issues through to the complex cases.
My passion is supporting families to achieve their personal feeding goals.
Available through email and mobile. Please Note: I check my email regularly throughout the day and early evening and try to respond to all messages within a maximum of 24 hours.
- International Board certified lactation consultant
- NMC registered nurse
Antenatal home visit
Antenatal sessions are known to help with reducing any anxieties you may have and also essential for building confidence to get feeding off to a good start. This home visit will be informative and evidenced based. You will receive a complimentury pack with some reading esentials and information on colostrum harvesting.
Topics we will cover are:
- How breastfeeding works
- Benefits of breastfeeding to you and your baby.
- How to get off to the best start
- Skin to skin contact, how to achieve and why it's important.
- Guidance of positioning and attachment
- What is expected of your breastfeeding newborn and whats normal.
- Initiating & maintaining a good milk supply
- How to know that your baby is “getting enough”
- Discussing possible breastfeeding hurdles
Initial post natal consultation
This consultation will provide you with a bespoke home Visit. Building on your own journey so far with knowledgable evidenced based support.
Services included in this initial consultation:
- A full History of your journey so far
- Full observation of a breastfeed
- Positioning & attachment support & guidance
- A maternal breast assessment if required
- Clear, informative conversation around breast-feeding
- Answers to any other breastfeeding worries
- A personalised feeding plan to help you reach your individualised breastfeeding goals
- An infant oral assessment if required
- A follow up plan with continued online support
Follow up visit
To discuss any outstanding issues
This package will hopefully put any worries you may have about how you are planning on achieving your breastfeeding goals. This package will include one antenatal session, one postnatal session and a follow up home visit. All my services include online continued support.
This package also includes a gift bag with goodies, and is the perfect gift for expectant parents.
Subject to availability