I am a Registered Nurse, an experienced Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and Breastfeeding Counsellor with the National Childbirth Trust (NCT).
In July 2017 I was recognised by the NCT as London Practitioner of the year.
I have supported thousands of new mums over twenty-five years in their homes, NHS breastfeeding drop-ins, and on the postnatal wards at West Middlesex University Hospital. I also work as part of the London Lactation Consultants team. I have a special interest in supporting mothers whose babies have had a difficult start to life.
Over three quarters of my work comes from word-of-mouth recommendations. My clients often tell me that they find me easy to talk to, supportive and encouraging, in addition to providing relevant knowledge and information, in a way they could understand and act upon.
I was adopted from Hong Kong as a baby, growing up within an English family. I have always been interested in helping people and this led me to train as a nurse at Hammersmith Hospital. Now my children are grown up I offer consultations 7 days a week (weekdays and weekends), working mainly in South West London, but other London areas considered.
- Registered Nurse
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant ( IBCLC)
- NCT breastfeeding Counsellor
- Diploma of Higher Education in Breastfeeding Counselling
I offer a private visit in the comfort of your own home, at a time to suit you and your baby. Consultations usually last up to 90 minutes, which allows time to get to know you and your baby, discuss what you want to achieve and any concerns you have, explore options and help you to develop a personalised plan.
The areas we might cover vary enormously, depending on your situation. Mums may be concerned about painful feeding, or they may be anxious about low milk supply, their baby not feeding successfully or being unsettled. They often have a whole range of other questions including sleep, breastfeeding in public, going back to work, weaning, or confusing advice received from others, or on social media.
During a visit I like to observe your baby feeding and understand your concerns. This enables me to offer the right information, guidance and support for you, and address any practical issues. Sometimes the problems can be technical or medical in nature (such as positioning or mastitis), and I can help unravel often conflicting or overwhelming information.
Many problems can be explained by understanding how breastfeeding works alongside your baby's development, and its effect on your baby's behaviour. Understanding cause and effect is often the the starting point for a discussion about options, strategies and realistic expectations. This allows us to work out the best way forward for you and your baby.
I hope to be able to equip you with a better understanding of the underlying causes of any problems, a clearer picture of all the information, and a plan to address your concerns and improve your breastfeeding experience. Many mums say that I help them become more confident to enjoy feeding their baby.
The fee includes all travelling time and expenses. Additional time is available as a separate service.
I offer a telephone discussion if you prefer or if you are too far away for me to visit . The fee covers up to half an hour, Additional time is available as a separate service.
Follow up home consultation
You may wish to have a follow up visit to review how the feeding is going, and ask further questions.
The fee is for 60 minutes and includes travel and expenses . Additional time is available as a separate service.
Home consultation – extra time
If you need to extend a home consultation this service gives you an extra 30 minutes
Telephone consultation – extra time
If you need extra telephone time this gives you an extra 20 minutes
- • Liz was a lifesaver. After a really difficult time breastfeeding with cracked bleeding nipples , thrush, mastitis, problems in latching on and my baby’s weight loss, we needed the help of someone and fast. Within 24 hrs we were sat down with Liz in the comfort of our own home. Liz showed us lots of different techniques for breastfeeding and diagnosed a tongue tie that the midwives had dismissed. She was also really easy to talk to and without knowing it at the time of booking our appointment I really benefited from the emotional support she provided. We cannot thank Liz enough. Sarah Oct 2018
- • Liz came recommended, and I cannot thank Liz enough for her support and expert advice. I had given up hope that I could breastfeed my second baby due to cracked nipples and mastitis on one breast. Thankfully Liz came to the rescue and provided not only the tools to adjust the latch which meant I wasn’t in pain but more importantly she offered the reassurance and confidence in being able to overcome the current situation I can honestly say I would have given up breastfeeding if it wasn’t for Liz showing me the way forward. Clara Aug 2018
- • Liz was fantastic from the moment she arrived. I was expecting to dive straight into problems and solutions but Liz first took time to get to know me and my baby. She listened non judgmentally, and it helped me to so much to identify I was anxious about my baby being hungry . Liz supported me to meet my objectives which gave me a huge confidence boost. After our session I breastfed outside of the house for the first time . I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Liz to anyone who is struggling with breastfeeding their baby. It’s the best thing I could have done. Carolyn April 2018
- • I was on the verge of giving up breastfeeding when I called Liz. She replied to my emails almost immediately even though it was sent on a Sunday. We spoke by phone before she visited which made me feel more comfortable. During the home visit she observed me and my baby feeding before offering her opinion. She made me feel much more confident about what I was doing and I began to feel that it would all work out. Liz was extremely supportive and very easy to talk to and made me feel that I was doing really well. I had been feeling quite down and she really lifted my spirits. If I hadn’t had the consultation I’m not sure I would have persevered with breastfeeding. However we did and 3 months later we’re now getting on fine. I am extremely grateful to Liz for her help. I was close to despair, but Liz helped me through it. Claudia Jan 2019
- • Liz hands down is the best Lactation Consultant I’ve ever worked with. I struggled to breastfeed my son due to a severe tongue tie, and had similar problems with my daughter. With her help I overcame our challenges and successfully breastfed them both. The thing I most value about Liz is that she treats you as the mother entirely individually and holistically, asking about your feeding goals, and supporting you emotionally through what can be a really tricky time. Her knowledge is faultless and up to date (not always a given in the breastfeeding world!), but most importantly she’s non-judgemental and really easy to talk to. I highly recommend her to everyone. Victoria April 2019
- • Liz helped me and my premature son with establishing breastfeeding , which wasn't easy since he was born 2 months earlier than expected. Liz came to see us when Thomas was 5 weeks old, and we immediately connected. She is very empathetic and tactful, the atmosphere she created was very relaxing. Thomas picked up all the tips really quickly and I am delighted he is now breastfeeding for a longer time. The progress he made with the support of Liz is impressive ! I'd definitely recommend her as an expert. Katie April 2019
- • Liz was recommended to us -a real superstar..We were made to feel so relaxed and reassured from the outset, and my husband was involved with the discussions just as I was which was very important to us. Liz gave us so much confidence with feeding, how to latch, understanding his cues and different positions to try. We would and have recommended Liz to anyone concerned about feeding . Poppy July 2018
- Liz came to see my wife who lacked confidence to be able to get our baby to latch. She wasn’t able to with our first child. 2 months later and my wife is still exclusively breastfeeding thanks to Liz. I would definitely recommend to friends. Niall March 2019